who we are :: staff ::
Senior Project Manager
email me | 608.210.7117
Claire came to the Energy Center with a background in energy efficiency program design, demand-side management planning and clean energy policy analysis for government and utility clients. As project manager, Claire conducts research and analysis to support a variety of energy efficiency policy and planning projects, including an assessment of Wisconsin energy efficiency and renewable energy potential to be released in 2009.
Claire holds a Master's degree in Environmental Science and Management from the University of California Santa Barbara, where she specialized in environmental economics and policy. She is a member of the Association of Energy Services Professionals.
Claire's work includes
- Evaluating the National Weatherization Assistance Program
The Energy Center is part of the independent evaluation team taking a comprehensive look at how much energy this program saves.
- If we ramp up, will they come? Assessing employer and workforce
readiness to accelerate energy efficiency in three Midwestern states
Published: 2010. In this ACEEE paper, Marge Anderson, Claire Cowan and Nick Sayen discuss the Energy Center's research of energy efficiency program planning efforts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinois as these states respond to the ever-increasing demand for a skilled workforce ...
- Evaluation of the Market Impact of the ASHRAE Advanced Energy Design Guides (PDF)
Published: 2010. This analysis, conducted on behalf of ASHRAE, focuses on the guides for small office buildings, small retail buildings, K-12 schools, and small warehouse/self storage facilities.
- Market Impact of the ASHRAE Advanced Energy Design Guides: Presentation of Final Results (PDF)
Published: 2010. Claire Cowan and Scott Schuetter present results from this analysis conducted on behalf of ASHRAE.
- Assessing Your Impact: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Community Energy Initiatives
Published: 2010. Watch this webinar to learn how to evaluate and measure the success and effectiveness of community energy initiatives ...
- Energy efficiency and demand response potential for Iowa Municipal Utilities for the years 2012 and 2018
Published: 2009. By 2012 Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities members could save 58 ...
- Uncertainty, real options, and industrial energy efficiency decisions (paper and presentation)
Published: 2009. The Energy Center's Research Director Steven Kihm presented a paper on the use of real options in industrial energy efficiency decision-making at the 2009 ACEEE summer study on energy efficiency in industry conference in Niagra Falls, New York ...
- Indiana electric DSM investigation: phase II report
Published: 2009. During Phase I of the proceeding, completed in mid-2008, the Energy Center prepared a report assessing the status of current demand-side management activities in the state ...
- Energy Efficiency Guidebook for Public Power Communities
Published: 2009. This web-based resource serves as a roadmap for energy efficiency program planning and provides step-by-step recommendations for program design, implementation, tracking and evaluation.
- Energy Efficiency and Customer-Sited Renewable Resource Potential in Wisconsin for the Years 2012 and 2018
Published: 2009. Technical and policy analysis to determine the amount of energy use that can be displaced through efficiency programs and other initiatives ...