what we do :: EDUCATION
|Energy Center University's homepage|
To solve both our economic and global climate problems we need a skilled workforce that can deliver the potential of energy efficiency and renewable energy to build a clean energy economy.
The Energy Center is training this workforcewe provide professional education programs for building and design professionals, energy efficiency and renewable energy program designers and evaluators, and policymakers to help them reorient their practices to reduce our energy and environmental footprint.
Powered by the Energy Center of Wisconsin, Energy Center University offers award-winning live event and online continuing education programs to 10,000 commercial, industrial and residential building professionals every year.
- 2011 Rich Media Impact Rapid ROI Award from Sonic Foundry
- 2011 Inspiring Efficiency Award in Education from the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- 2010 Industry Partner Award from Meeting Professionals International-Wisconsin Chapter
- 2010 Rich Media Impact Global Reach Award from Sonic Foundry
Energy Center resources and other links
The Energy Center presents interactive webinars that stream together audio, video, and more.
- Better Buildings: Better Business Conference (Wisconsin)
Published: 2013. The Energy Center's flagship event for residential builders and remodelers is held in Wisconsin Dells.
- Better Buildings: Better Business Conference (Illinois)
Published: 2013. The Energy Center's flagship event for residential builders and remodelers is also held in Illinois.
- Master Speaker Webcasts from the Better Buildings Better Business Conference
Published: 2013. (2008-present) on-demand presentations from past conferences feature video along with PowerPoint.
- Integrating Technical Education and Training into Energy Efficiency Program
Delivery: A Strategy to Drive Program Participation and Create Short Term Impact and Long Term Market Effects
Published: 2010. Education and training is essential in transforming the market to use energy efficient technologies and practices ...
- Small Footprint, Big Impact:
Supercharging the Workforce with Interactive Online Education
Published: 2010. This ACEEE paper discusses best practices and lessons learned through the production of online courses that integrate industry expertise with effective teaching methods ...
- How much is that training program worth? Quantifying the value of training and other 'fuzzy' education events
Published: 2006. In this ACEEE paper, Ingo Bensch, Scott Pigg and Marge Anderson describe a self-funded, internal assessment of return on investment for a Midwestern energy efficiency conference ...