To a comprehensive tour of a small-scale wind project
is renewable and one of the fastest-growing sources of electrical generation in the world.
- There are two wind turbines at the Bryon site.
- The Town of Byron was selected after extensive research determined that it was one of the best wind-generation sites in Wisconsin.
- The site has wind speeds averaging 14 miles per hour.
- The Byron turbines produce more than 3 million kilowatt-hours annuallyenough to power 360 homes.
- The total cost of the project was $1.6 million when built in 1999.
This investment in renewable energy resources was made possible by the We Energies customers who participate in the nationally recognized Energy for Tomorrow®
renewable energy program. We Energies is grateful to the landowners, Cindy and Doug Decker, and the Town of Byron for their support of this project.