Length: 54 minutes
Credit: IACET, WI-DSPS
Solid-State Lighting (SSL) technology, also known as LED lighting (Light Emitting Diodes) is here to stay. This emerging technology offers tremendous promise for reducing energy use in buildings. Attend this webinar and learn the latest strategies to use these tools effectively.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR
SSL/LED lighting can significantly reduce energy consumption and costs. Technology advancements have increased the versatility and durability of the lamps and improved the fixtures contributing to their expanding applicability. SSL is a vital lighting design tool. As LED lighting becomes more mainstream, it is important for those who specify lighting products and users to understand the technology, its uses and pitfalls.
Not all LEDs are built the same. The SSL label on luminaires is no guarantee that an SSL product will perform well in every application. This program will help viewers understand the technology, analyze manufacturer's claims and accurately specify fixtures and lamps.
The instructor will focus on cost of light criteria including energy costs, power consumption, labor costs, lamp costs, lifetime expectancy and light output. Viewers will be given guidance on questions to ask to ensure they're selecting a quality product, how to evaluate the suitability of an SSL for a given application and how to decipher warranty claims.
AS A RESULT OF THIS PRESENTATION YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Evaluate the appropriateness of different luminaire choices based on project design and energy requirements.
- Compare the color and quality of fixtures produced by different manufacturers to SSL luminaire standards.
- Identify important factors in calculating the cost of SSL vs. other lighting technologies including lamp replacement, installation labor, parts, and energy consumption.
- Explain how warranties, commissioning and dimming requirements affect LED fixture choices.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Gain a good understanding of SSL technology and its application
- Learn how to use SSL/LED effectively
- Get the resources needed to evaluate LED manufacturer's information
Who should view this webcast?
Facility managers, lighting contractors, school facilities officials, healthcare facilities officials, contractors, manufacturers, architects, engineers, building owners, energy managers, dealers and distributors, lighting designers, interior designers and anyone interested in commercial building design
- Introduction to LED
- Lumen information
- DOE information
- Choosing a quality LED
- LED requirements
- New lighting products
- The Energy Center of Wisconsin is an Authorized Provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is committed to developing quality learning activities. You will receive 0.1 Continuing Education Units for viewing this webinar.
- This course qualifies for up to 1 PDH for Professional Engineers in the state of Wisconsin. The registrant must verify that the course content is related to their area of professional practice (more information).
To receive credit, you must complete a 10 question quiz with a minimum score of 80%. Separate registration is required for each individual requiring continuing education credit.
FREE—this webinar is available to view at no cost. Registration is required. When you have completed registration, you will receive an email confirmation that will include a link to join the webinar.
Can't watch it live? All of our webinars are recorded for convenient on-demand viewing. Everyone that registers will receive access to the archived presentation.
If you have any technical questions please visit our guidelines for viewing online courses page.
If you have any general questions or would like more information, please contact the education department at 608.210.7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.