Length: 81 minutes
Credit: AIA, GBCI, IACET, IES, WI-DSPS
Daylighting is the technique of bringing natural light into a space and using it to enhance the space's visual quality as well as energy performance. Quality daylighting design practices had fallen out of favor, but are experiencing resurgence as energy costs increase and the sustainability movement gains momentum. The best daylight design begins early and integrates many aspects of building design, from building massing to fenestration attributes to lighting controls.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR:
This webinar will touch on all aspects of daylight design at the fundamental level. We will discuss climate considerations; how the building type affects the design; building orientation; lighting controls; fenestration size, location and attributes; and shading
AS A RESULT OF THIS WEBINAR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the energy-saving and cost-reducing benefits of implementing daylight design.
- Identify factors that influence daylight design.
- Analyze daylight design options.
- Describe criteria needed for successful daylight design.
who should watch?
Architects, lighting professionals, interior designers, building design professionals, engineers and anyone interested in learning about daylighting
continuing education credits
- Members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will receive 1.5 LU/HSW for attending this webinar.
- Energy Center University is a provider of GBCI Approved Courses for Continuing Education. This is a GBCI Approved Course and offers 1.5 CE Hours.
- The Energy Center of Wisconsin is an Authorized Provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is committed to developing quality learning activities. You will receive 0.1 Continuing Education Units for viewing this webinar.
- The Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) has approved this course for 1.5 CEU.
- This course qualifies for up to 1.5 PDH for Professional Engineers in the state of Wisconsin. The registrant must verify that the course content is related to their area of professional practice (more information).
To receive credit, you must complete a 10 question quiz with a minimum score of 80%. Separate registration is required for each individual requiring continuing education credit.
COST—ONE RATE, UNLIMITED ATTENDEES
This webinar is $89.
Bring your crew—gather as many people as you like in one office, conference room or auditorium and pay one low fee. You must register in advance to view this webinar. Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to the presentation.
If you plan to view the webinar with others at a shared location, only one registration is needed. Separate registration is required for each individual requiring continuing education credit.
Can't watch it live? All of our webinars are recorded for convenient on-demand viewing. Everyone that registers will receive access to the archived presentation.
If you have any technical questions please visit our guidelines for viewing online courses page.
If you have any general questions or would like more information, please contact the education department at 608.210.7114 or email@example.com.