The overall goal of energy management is to reduce energy consumption without compromising comfort and quality. In addition, energy management can help your organization:
- Save money.
- Improve productivity.
- Extend equipment life.
- Lower maintenance costs.
- Implement innovative technologies.
- Develop a culture of energy conservation.
- Reduce its carbon footprint.
During this webinar, explore low-cost, energy-saving activities designed to reduce operating costs and establish a corporate culture that embraces sustainable energy efficiency initiatives. Examine the key components of the Energy Star flowchart and guidelines for energy management that have demonstrated success for various Energy Star partners. Review the Energy Star portfolio manager, an online energy management tool to benchmark, track and assess energy usage at your facility, as well as practical examples and best practices.
AS A RESULT OF THIS WEBINAR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the environmental and economic impacts of energy management.
- Assess building performance and set energy goals.
- Create an energy-savings action plan using best practices.
- Define the responsibilities of those accountable for ongoing energy management.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
Facility managers, energy efficiency specialists, commissioning authorities, architects, engineers, control system designers and technicians, HVAC system designers working for mechanical engineering consulting firms or design/build contractors, equipment manufacturer's representatives, advanced facility engineers and anyone interested in building controls and energy management systems.
continuing education credits
- Members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will receive 1 LU/HSW.
- The Energy Center of Wisconsin is an Authorized Provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is committed to developing quality learning activities. You will receive 0.1 Continuing Education Units for viewing this webinar.
- This course qualifies for up to 1 PDH for Professional Engineers in the state of Wisconsin. The registrant must verify that the course content is related to their area of professional practice (more information).
In order to receive credit for viewing this webinar, you'll need to pass a short quiz. A link to the quiz will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
- Energy management 101 and flowchart
- Energy usage information and use of the portfolio manager
- Discretionary facility operations and unique use of daily energy use values
- Successful examples
COST—ONE RATE, UNLIMITED ATTENDEES!
This webinar is free to view, $89 to take quiz for credit.
Bring your crew—gather as many people as you like in one office, conference room or auditorium. You must register in advance to view this webinar. Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to the presentation.
If you plan to view the webinar with others at a shared location, only one registration is needed. Separate registration is required for each individual requiring continuing education credit.
Can't watch it live? All of our live webinars are recorded for future on-demand viewing. Register now and you'll receive a link to view the webinar at your convenience.
If you have any technical questions please visit our guidelines for viewing online courses page.
If you have any general questions or would like more information, please contact the education department at 608.210.7114 or email@example.com.