Through lecture and case studies that feature hospital, school and office settings, explore the impact of lighting on human factors and new lighting technologies including LED dimming, Kelvin changing troffers, troffer kits, task lights, nature scene troffers and cost effective controls. We will address key questions including:
- When will LED surpass high performance linear fluorescent?
- Will LED T8s ever become the product of choice in troffers?
- Why are upgrades better than just trying to reduce wattage?
Also discover alternatives to traditional payback and return on investment calculations to help quantify lighting upgrades and assist in the decision-making process. Discuss exterior lighting solutions, the relevance of induction today and the next generation of lighting technologies on the horizon.
AS A RESULT OF THIS WEBINAR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Design cost effective lighting that positively impacts human performance and other factors while providing sufficient footcandles.
- Determine when it makes sense to retrofit or wait for new, less expensive technologies.
- Use alternative tools to quantify lighting changes as opposed to traditional payback and return on investment calculations.
- Identify the limitations of some lighting technologies including dimming ballasts and automatic controls.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
Lighting contractors, electricians, energy program design and implementation professionals, lighting designers, architects, building owners, commercial building energy advocates, interior designers, property managers, facility managers, utility representatives and anyone interested in lighting technologies.
continuing education credits
- Members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will receive 2 LU/HSW.
- Energy Center University is a provider of GBCI Approved Courses for Continuing Education. This is a GBCI Approved Course and offers 2 CE Hours.
- The Energy Center of Wisconsin is an Authorized Provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is committed to developing quality learning activities. You will receive 0.2 Continuing Education Units for viewing this webinar.
- This course has been registered with the National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions (NCQLP) for 2 LEU.
In order to receive credit for viewing this webinar, you'll need to pass a short quiz. A link to the quiz will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
- Technology progression
- Financial progression, retrofit now or later
- Human centric lighting
- Dimming and Kelvin changing LED fixtures
- Automatic controls, dimming ballasts
- Questions and answers
COST—ONE RATE, UNLIMITED ATTENDEES!
This webinar is free to view, $89 to take quiz for credit.
Bring your crew—gather as many people as you like in one office, conference room or auditorium. You must register in advance to view this webinar. Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to the presentation.
If you plan to view the webinar with others at a shared location, only one registration is needed. Separate registration is required for each individual requiring continuing education credit.
Can't watch it live? All of our live webinars are recorded for future on-demand viewing. Register now and you'll receive a link to view the webinar at your convenience.
If you have any technical questions please visit our guidelines for viewing online courses page.
If you have any general questions or would like more information, please contact the education department at 608.210.7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.