In the past 10 years, the average gas efficiency of RTUs has moved from 80 percent to just 82 percent and the cooling efficiency of the refrigeration circuits has improved slightly. Explore several add-on options to enhance new and existing RTUs—significantly reducing energy use with little to no effect on occupant comfort and the RTUs' heating and cooling capabilities.
AS A RESULT OF THIS WEBINAR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain standard Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) efficiency ratings for packaged RTUs.
- Identify International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) RTU related requirements.
- Select the appropriate accessories to maximize RTU performance and efficiency.
- Describe technologies such as economizers, demand controlled ventilation, staged air volume and energy recovery ventilation and the newest energy savings RTU option of Staged Air Volume (SAV).
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
HVAC system designers, engineers and contractors, energy efficiency specialists, facility managers, HVAC equipment manufacturer's representatives, facility engineers and anyone interested in learning more about the latest technology in commercial rooftop units.
continuing education credits
- This program counts as 0.15 CEUs toward Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) re-certification.
- Members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will receive 1.5 LU/HSW.
- Energy Center University is a provider of GBCI Approved Courses for Continuing Education. This is a GBCI Approved Course and offers 1.5 CE Hours.
- The Energy Center of Wisconsin is an Authorized Provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is committed to developing quality learning activities. You will receive 0.2 Continuing Education Units for viewing this webinar.
- The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services has approved this training for CEUs for the following credentials:
- Commercial Building Inspector Certification for 1.5 CEUs
- UDC-HVAC Inspector Certification for 0.5 CEUs
- This course qualifies for up to 1.5 PDH for Professional Engineers in the state of Wisconsin. The registrant must verify that the course content is related to their area of professional practice (more information).
In order to receive credit for viewing this webinar, you'll need to pass a short quiz. A link to the quiz will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
COST—ONE RATE, UNLIMITED ATTENDEES!
This webinar is free to view, $89 to take quiz for credit.
Bring your crew—gather as many people as you like in one office, conference room or auditorium. You must register in advance to view this webinar. Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to the presentation.
If you plan to view the webinar with others at a shared location, only one registration is needed. Separate registration is required for each individual requiring continuing education credit.
Can't watch it live? All of our live webinars are recorded for future on-demand viewing. Register now and you'll receive a link to view the webinar at your convenience.
If you have any technical questions please visit our guidelines for viewing online courses page.
If you have any general questions or would like more information, please contact the education department at 608.210.7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.