It is true—there is no single solution to combat moisture problems. Multiple systems are necessary to ensure that these issues are adequately prevented and controlled. In Wisconsin, subslab ventilation systems are rising in popularity and are earning a spot alongside damp proofing, proper grading and the installation of capillary breaks and thermal and air barriers.
Explore subslab ventilation system designs, proper installation methods and performance testing. Discuss Wisconsin energy code as it relates to moisture control and foundation insulation. Define issues related to finished basements including the nuances of a multifaceted approach and the need for continuous insulation under the slab and on the foundation. Review the effect subslab ventilation systems have on thermal comfort in below grade living spaces and the life of a home.
AS A RESULT OF THIS WEBINAR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe subslab ventilation systems and proper installation methods.
- Identify a variety of products designed to reduce moisture in and around the foundation.
- Explain best practices for basement moisture problem prevention.
- Test subslab ventilation system performance.
- Identify various Wisconsin code requirements related to moisture control and foundation insulation.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
Builders, remodelers, contractors, code officials, building performance consultants, architects, designers, home inspectors, building suppliers, building trade instructors, energy service professionals and students.
- Identifying problems and techniques to keep water away from the foundation
- Product review
- Subslab ventilation system overview, installation and testing methods
- Foundation insulation installation
- Basement slab insulation installation
- Question and answer
- Closing remarks and Better Buildings: Better Business Conference update
This webinar is free to view.
Gather as many people as you like in one office, conference room or auditorium. You must register in advance to view this webinar. Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to the presentation.
If you plan to view the webinar with others at a shared location, only one registration is needed.
Registration is required. When you have completed registration, you will receive an email confirmation that will include a link to join the webinar. Can't watch it live? All of our webinars are recorded for convenient on-demand viewing. Everyone that registers will receive access to the archived presentation.
If you have any technical questions please visit our guidelines for viewing online courses page.
If you have any general questions or would like more information, please contact the education department at 608.210.7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.